September 2, 2017 by Janie Ward
As a new mom, one of the things that surprised me the most was the endless stack of laundry! How could one little person add so many loads of laundry to my week? How does every item of clothing she gets near get dirty? I was especially trumped by the delicate dresses that I loved to put my daughter in, but nervous about how to treat the stains. My mom finally passed down her fool-proof recipe for stain removal. Now I am confident about letting her wear those beautiful, fine lace dresses on a daily basis without worry of what to do (not if but) when they get stained!
Grandma’s Recipe for Stain Removal:
1. Combine two parts Biz laundry detergent with one part cold water.
2. Mix together until a thick paste is formed.
3. Briefly soak the stain in cold water. Do not use hot water, since this can set the stain.
4. Cover the stain with the thick paste and roll clothing up keeping the paste on the inside and moist.
5. Let sit overnight or for several days depending on stubbornness of the stain.
6. Thoroughly rinse garment and wash using the garments care instructions.
7. It is a good idea to hang the item to dry instead of drying in a dryer. Dryers can set the stain.
8. For a severely stubborn stain the process may need to be repeated.
*Behind on laundry but have some stained clothes you know need your attention? No problem – just treat per the instructions above and let them sit until you can get back to the laundry room!